Please see below for the terms and conditions of use of the website ('terms and conditions').
Acceptance of terms and conditions
1. Access to and use of the website is provided by the Francis Crick Institute subject to the following:
- Your use of the website constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions, which take effect from your first use of the website. If you do not accept the terms and conditions in full, you must leave the website immediately.
- The Francis Crick Institute reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions as modified by the posted changes.
2. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the website.
4. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
5. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that term and condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
6. Views and opinions of groups or individuals who are not part of the Francis Crick Institute may appear on this website. These do not necessarily reflect the views of the Francis Crick Institute.
7. The Francis Crick Institute does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services linked from or provided within this website.
8. The website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained therein are provided 'as is' and on an 'is available' basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
9. In no event will the Francis Crick Institute accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of the website. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Francis Crick Institute's liability for death or injury caused by its negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
10. The Francis Crick Institute does not warrant that the service continuity of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects.
11. Any communications or material that you transmit or post to any public area of this website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like are and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information and may be used without limitation. You must not transmit any technically harmful communications to or through this website (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) or engage in other practices of misuse (including, without limitation, hacking).
12. Links from the website to other internet sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors to the website. The Francis Crick Institute does not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and is not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider.
The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the website does not imply that the Francis Crick Institute endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
13. All copyrights or other intellectual property rights in this website, including logos, illustrations, photos, sound, scripts, animation and other material appearing on this website, otherwise known as 'content', belong to the Francis Crick Institute or third parties authorising the Francis Crick Institute to use the copyrights.
Users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the website any graphic in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the Francis Crick Institute.
Users may download and save electronic documents, audio files and forms from the website and print or listen to these for personal use provided that the copying of such material is only permitted if it is copied in full with no amendment or editing and copyrights in any such documents, files and forms remain the property of the Francis Crick Institute.
Any requests to reproduce materials outside the scope of this licence should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accuracy of information
14. The Francis Crick Institute will not be liable for any losses or damage that may result from use of the website as a consequence of any inaccuracies in, or any omissions from, the information, which it may contain.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. However, the information may be out of date at the time of access by the visitor. The information on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We are not liable for any error or omission in, or any failure to update, the information on the website and any decisions based on the information are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
We reserve the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
In the context of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
The Francis Crick Institute is the working name of UKCMRI Limited.
UKCMRI Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no.06885462, with its registered office at 1 Midland Road, London NW1 1AT.
'the website' means any website under the ownership or control of the Francis Crick Institute from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.