Our people are at the heart of what we do. Your talent, commitment and hard work will be well rewarded when you join us.
At the Crick we have developed our own pay and grading structure, benchmarking the institute against the university, charity and pharmaceutical sectors. We aim for salaries at the Crick to be competitive, yet appropriate for a publicly funded research institute.
Salaries are reviewed annually and performance-related pay determines progression for most roles.
- 28 days of holiday each year, plus three additional days (usually taken over Christmas) and bank holidays.
- Defined contribution pension scheme, with the Crick contributing between 2 and 16% of salary.
- Life assurance
- Season ticket/car parking loan
- Annual leave purchase
- Childcare vouchers and/or allowance
- Back-up dependent care
- Discounted annual gym membership
- Bike to Work scheme
- Payroll giving
- Shopping discounts
- Health and wellbeing
We also offer a comprehensive wellbeing programme with particular focus on mental, financial and physical health.
- A 24-7 telephone assistance programme
- A 24-7 GP consultation service, by phone and online
- An occupational health service
- Mental health first aiders
- Eye care vouchers
- Financial education
- A blood pressure clinic
- A smoking cessation programme
- Weight management clinic
- Bookable health MOTs
Voluntary benefits include:
- Healthcare plans
- Dental cash plans
- In-chair massage
- Chiropody clinic