What we offer
We offer successful applicants a place on the Crick PhD programme, and a PhD studentship that covers:
- £22,000 tax-free student stipend (living allowance) per year for four years
- Tuition fees
- If applicable, reimbursement of the student (Tier 4) standard visa application fee and immigration health surcharge
Eligibility & academic entry criteria
Candidates of all nationalities can apply for the Crick PhD programme and studentship.
The standard Crick PhD programme and studentship academic eligibility criteria are:
- A first/upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent from a non-UK university) in a relevant subject.
- Appropriate research experience as part of, or outside of, a university degree course, or a master's degree in a relevant subject.
- Appropriate English language skills.
A small number of individual PhD positions have additional eligibility criteria because of specific criteria associated with the funding for that position. If any additional eligibility criteria apply to a particular position, this is noted at the top of the individual PhD position page.
Applications must have been submitted through our student recruitment system before the deadline.
- Your application must have been submitted by the deadline: 12 noon (GMT), Wednesday 13 November 2019.
- We will not accept late applications.
- We should receive your references by Wednesday 20 November 2019. Your application may still be considered if references are not received by this deadline. However, no applicant will be invited to interview unless references have been received.
After the reference submission deadline, your application will available to all recruiting supervisors to consider. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 20 December 2019.