About the placement
The Reception team plays a key role, being the interface between the general public, organisations who work with the Crick, and Crick employees. Consisting of three receptionists and the Front of House Manager, we perform a range of roles central to the day-to-day running of the institute, maintaining high standards of professionalism.
The successful candidate will be trained to assist with some or all of the following:
- Meet and greet visitors to the Crick.
- Answer telephone calls to the general Crick number.
- Assist all guests to the Crick with any information that they may need about the Crick, the public exhibition and the local area.
- Store coats and bags that visitors would like to leave in the cloakroom.
- Manage meeting room bookings and events as required.
It is expected that all students accepted for a placement at the Crick are punctual, responsible, show a willingness to learn, listen to advice and act on feedback. Candidates for this placement should also:
- be interested in customer service and hospitality,
- show good attention to detail,
- be well presented, and
- be a team player.