This vacancy is with Camden Apprenticeships and applications will be managed by their team.
The Crick is a world-leading centre of biomedical research and innovation, promoting connections between researchers and disciplines and between academic institutions, healthcare organisations and businesses. Dedicated to research excellence, the institute has the scale, vision, and expertise to tackle the most challenging scientific questions underpinning health and disease. It is a world-class institution with a strong national role training scientists and developing ideas for public good. The Learning & Development Coordinator apprenticeship presents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and personable individual.
The role is new within the HR Organisational Development (OD) team and is responsible for helping to deliver the professional and personal development portfolio of activity across the institute. Working closely with members of the wider HR and Communications teams, to administer, promote and maintain the Crick’s core learning and development (training) and leadership development programmes.
You will be pivotal in establishing and maintaining appropriate processes, records, and learning materials for effective training and leadership development across the institute. You will provide an efficient proactive administrative service, develop a deep understanding of learning theory and application. There will be opportunities to work across the wider OD team and HR function in addition to enhancing your career by gaining an apprenticeship.
These include but are not limited to:
- Proactive administration to support the team to ensure the scheduling, set-up, delivery and evaluation of Leadership development activity across the institute
- Effective administration to support an annual calendar of training, induction and career development activity that is fit for purpose and value for money
- Liaising with internal and external training providers
- Assisting with internal promotion of all learning and development activities
- Designing and maintaining effective, tailored training, induction, leadership and career development materials
- Assisting with the delivery of high-quality training, workshops, and materials to groups and individuals (for classroom and online)Keeping accurate records to measure impact and effectiveness of training
- Ensuring high standard of internal customer service and communication by email and in-person
- Contributing to the review and continuing improvement of team working practices and processes
- Providing data and information extracts when requested to and support the team to gather information for audits and reviews
- Ability to build rapport with a wide cross section of people and maintain good working relationships
- A willingness to learn and to put in the necessary work to gain the Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Good team-working skills
- Well organised with a strong ability to prioritise and take initiative
- Understanding of providing a high level of customer service to everyone engaged and employed at the institute
- Communicating information effectively Proactive problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) grade C (4+) including English and Maths.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Experience of using a database or HR system (for instance Workday)
- Experience of writing for the web (intranet, blog etc.)
- An understanding of scientific research, academic and/or education organisations and careers
- A basic knowledge of good Learning & Development practice
- An understanding of event-planning, in particular experience supporting successful training or other events.
- Be aged 16+. Be a Camden resident, Camden care leaver or former Camden secondary school student
- NOT already have an NVQ 3 in Business Administration
- Have a positive attitude towards teamwork and being able to work well with others
- Full time (Alternative flexible working options available / open to discussion)
- Important note - role may close early if we get enough suitable applications, those interested in the role are encouraged to apply ASAP.
How to apply
Please ensure you have uploaded your tailored CV before attempting to apply.
If you have not completed the additional questions previously, you will be prompted to do so before you can proceed. You only need to complete these questions once.
Select ‘apply’ and complete the personal statement section. Please use this section to tell us why you have applied and how your skills make this role suitable for you.
Recommended word count: 150 words.