This is a full-time, permanent position on Crick Terms and Conditions of Employment
The Recruitment Manager reports to the HR Operations Manager and is responsible for developing and continually improving the Institute’s approach towards talent acquisition ensuring our business culture is embedded.
As an experienced in-house recruiter, preferably within a science and/or higher education sector, this new role is the lead contact for recruitment at the Crick and is required to deliver an approach that provides an exceptional candidate and stakeholder experience. Covering employees in all areas of the Crick up to senior level, it will play an integral role in the delivery of the Crick’s resourcing strategy, implementing policies and processes that strive to continuously improve the recruitment service and equipping hiring managers and the HR Advisory and Science Administration teams with the tools they need. The role will provide sector expertise as well as leading on recruitment focused initiatives such as our approach to attraction, sourcing and interviewing.
- Deliver the resourcing strategy and objectives that provide a positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Ensure that internal and external sourcing and attraction campaigns are effective and impactful, contributing to the Crick being an employer of choice.
- Recommending routes to market, including driving value from LinkedIn Recruiter, and negotiating appropriate terms with job boards and agencies where relevant, working in collaboration with our Sourcing department and procurement processes.
- Manage external relations with suppliers of recruitment and sourcing services, maintaining a preferred supplier list where relevant and review performance annually.
- Collaborate with HR Advisory, Science Administration teams and hiring managers to evaluate hiring requirements and provide balanced and pragmatic advice and recommendations.
- Work in collaboration with the Crick’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team to deliver a diverse pipeline of candidates, interviewees and appointments.
- Review current selection methods and tools, making recommendations s, aligned to role types providing an effective and consistent approach.
- Knowledge of and qualified to administer psychometrics.
- Ensure open vacancies are efficiently and effectively managed focusing on quality of hire as well as speed of delivery
- Provide guidance to those involved in the hiring process such that they understand the recruitment process, best practice, relevant selection techniques and their role in the selection process.
- Manage all recruitment costs to ensure activities are within budget and reflects best use of spend.
- Ascertain candidate and hiring manager feedback in order to measure recruitment performance and develop actions plans for continuous improvement.
- Produce meaningful management information to provide regular insights to the effectiveness of recruitment initiatives as well as market intelligence, and make any necessary adjustments.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and employment policies including GDPR, Equality and IR35.
Key experience and competencies
The post holder should demonstrate the behaviours which support our code of conduct and how we work by being bold, open and collegial.
- Experienced recruiter
- Ability to develop and implement recruitment and selection policies, processes and methods
- Broad understanding of HR and recruitment practices and related employment laws
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Proven candidate and stakeholder management skills
- Good data analytics skills
- Ability to manage conflicting requirements and priorities
- Confident and collaborative with a can-do attitude
- Solid attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines
- Qualified in psychometric testing and evaluation
- In-house recruitment experience in the charity, academic, government or biomedical/science industry environment