The team work with many academic and industrial partners to take research forward to the point where it can be developed as new products and therapies.
The Crick’s work to accelerate translation for health and wealth is enhanced by the insights of its Translation Advisory Group of scientists, investors and entrepreneurs who have all been successful in this arena.
Translation Advisory Group
Our Translation Advisory Group of scientists, investors and entrepreneurs support our Translation team’s work by offering expert insight.
It does this by:
- Advising on the allocation of funding for translational projects proposed by researchers at the Crick;
- Reviewing project plans for technologies ready to be transferred to partners capable of taking them further;
- Making recommendations for improving delivery of the Crick’s translation strategy; and
- Encouraging the translational research culture at the Crick by bringing ideas, expertise and experience.
- Catriona Crombie, LifeArc
- Alicia El-Haj, Birmingham University
- Tony Hickson, Cancer Research UK
- Sir Peng Khaw, UCL
- Fiona Marshall, MSD
- Ruth McKernan, Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Jane Osbourn, MedImmune
- Michael Owen, Kymab
- John Pritchard, Independent consultant
- John Shields, JGS Biopharma
- Roberto Solari, Imperial College London
- Lyndsey Houseman (Crick Research Translation Manager)