The BRIDGE (Basic Research Institutions Delivering Graduate Education) Network is an international group of institutes that carry out original research and graduate training, without being full universities with undergraduate education programmes.
The main aims of the network are to:
- Advocate common values, in particular excellence in research and graduate education, internationality, research ethics, responsible leadership and mentorship, autonomy, openness and diversity
- Promote successful organizational models for research and graduate education
- Promote standards for evaluation of scientific institutes and graduate universities
- Address issues of common concern and develop common positions towards third parties (national and international)
- Issue policy statements
- Provide a forum for regular meetings
- Develop best practices through mutual exchange of experiences
- Support the member organizations and strengthen communication and collaboration between them
The BRIDGE Network’s website has more information about the network, its charter and the founding members.