Kathy Niakan: Publications
- Tomaz, RA; Harman, JL; Karimlou, D; Weavers, L; Fritsch, L; Bou-Kheir, T; Bell, E; del Valle Torres, I; Niakan, KK; Fisher, C; Joshi, O; Stunnenberg, HG; Curry, E; Ait-Si-Ali, S; Jørgensen, HF and Azuara, V (2017)
Jmjd2c facilitates the assembly of essential enhancer-protein complexes at the onset of embryonic stem cell differentiation.
Development 144, 567-579 PubMed abstract
- Hyslop, LA; Blakeley, P; Craven, L; Richardson, J; Fogarty, NME; Fragouli, E; Lamb, M; Wamaitha, SE; Prathalingam, N; Zhang, Q; O'Keefe, H; Takeda, Y; Arizzi, L; Alfarawati, S; Tuppen, HA; Irving, L; Kalleas, D; Choudhary, M; Wells, D; Murdoch, AP; Turnbull, DM; Niakan, KK and Herbert, M (2016)
Towards clinical application of pronuclear transfer to prevent mitochondrial DNA disease.
Nature 534, 383-386 PubMed abstract
- Shahbazi, MN; Jedrusik, A; Vuoristo, S; Recher, G; Hupalowska, A; Bolton, V; Fogarty, NME; Campbell, A; Devito, LG; Ilic, D; Khalaf, Y; Niakan, KK; Fishel, S and Zernicka-Goetz, M (2016)
Self-organization of the human embryo in the absence of maternal tissues.
Nature Cell Biology 18, 700-708 PubMed abstract
- Blakeley, P; Fogarty, NME; del Valle, I; Wamaitha, SE; Hu, TX; Elder, K; Snell, P; Christie, L; Robson, P and Niakan, KK (2015)
Defining the three cell lineages of the human blastocyst by single-cell RNA-seq.
Development 142, 3151-3165 PubMed abstract
- Fogarty, NME; Burton, GJ and Ferguson-Smith, AC (2015)
Different epigenetic states define syncytiotrophoblast and cytotrophoblast nuclei in the trophoblast of the human placenta.
Placenta 36, 796-802 PubMed abstract
- Mulvey, CM; Schröter, C; Gatto, L; Dikicioglu, D; Baris Fidaner, I; Christoforou, A; Deery, MJ; Cho, LTY; Niakan, KK; Martinez-Arias, A and Lilley, KS (2015)
Dynamic proteomic profiling of extra-embryonic endoderm differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells.
Stem Cells 33, 2712-2725 PubMed abstract
- Wamaitha, SE; Del Valle, I; Cho, LTY; Wei, Y; Fogarty, NME; Blakeley, P; Sherwood, RI; Ji, H and Niakan, KK (2015)
Gata6 potently initiates reprograming of pluripotent and differentiated cells to extraembryonic endoderm stem cells.
Genes & Development 29, 1239-1255 PubMed abstract
- Niakan, KK and Eggan, K (2013)
Analysis of human embryos from zygote to blastocyst reveals distinct gene expression patterns relative to the mouse.
Developmental Biology 375, 54-64 PubMed abstract
- Niakan, KK; Schrode, N; Cho, LTY and Hadjantonakis, A-K (2013)
Derivation of extraembryonic endoderm stem (XEN) cells from mouse embryos and embryonic stem cells.
Nature Protocols 8, 1028-1041 PubMed abstract
- Cho, LTY; Wamaitha, SE; Tsai, IJ; Artus, J; Sherwood, RI; Pedersen, RA; Hadjantonakis, A-K and Niakan, KK (2012)
Conversion from mouse embryonic to extra-embryonic endoderm stem cells reveals distinct differentiation capacities of pluripotent stem cell states.
Development 139, 2866-2877 PubMed abstract
- Krueger, C; King, MR; Krueger, F; Branco, MR; Osborne, CS; Niakan, KK; Higgins, MJ and Reik, W (2012)
Pairing of homologous regions in the mouse genome is associated with transcription but not imprinting status.
PLOS ONE 7, e38983 PubMed abstract
- Niakan, KK; Han, J; Pedersen, RA; Simon, C and Pera, RAR (2012)
Human pre-implantation embryo development.
Development 139, 829-841 PubMed abstract
- Bernardo, AS; Faial, T; Gardner, L; Niakan, KK; Ortmann, D; Senner, CE; Callery, EM; Trotter, MW; Hemberger, M; Smith, JC; Bardwell, L; Moffett, A and Pedersen, RA (2011)
BRACHYURY and CDX2 mediate BMP-induced differentiation of human and mouse pluripotent stem cells into embryonic and extraembryonic lineages.
Cell Stem Cell 9, 144-155 PubMed abstract
- Niakan, KK; Ji, H; Maehr, R; Vokes, SA; Rodolfa, KT; Sherwood, RI; Yamaki, M; Dimos, JT; Chen, AE; Melton, DA; McMahon, AP and Eggan, K (2010)
Sox17 promotes differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells by directly regulating extraembryonic gene expression and indirectly antagonizing self-renewal.
Genes & Development 24, 312-326 PubMed abstract
[Page last updated 1 Mar 2017]