At KQ Labs, we support innovative early-stage data-driven health start-ups to validate their ideas and put their exciting companies on the path to receive further investment.
What we offer
What we offer
- A tailored and customised five-month programme focused on data-driven health
- Specialised investor introductions
- Introductions to major corporates, especially pharma
- Mentoring opportunities with a hand-picked network of experts
- £40k funding in the form of a convertible loan
Who is eligible?
The programme is aimed at early-stage data driven health entrepreneurs looking for support to validate their ideas and develop their business goals in a supportive and enriching environment. We are looking for start-ups who have:
- A focus on areas which have the potential to have a significant impact on health, and where use of data is a core part of the business model
- Two or more founders or team members
- A Minimum Viable Product, prototype or proof of concept
- An early stage company (pre-series A)
- A team based in the UK
- The start-up's legal entity must be UK-based
How do I apply?
Submit your application to KQ Labs using the application form on our applications page. You will be asked for:
- some information about you and your company,
- a one-sentence summary of your business proposition,
- a two-minute pitch video describing the key aspects of your business, and
- a slide deck covering the topics listed on the applications page.
The programme kicks off with an intensive three days of introductory workshops for the selected startup teams, which will run at the end of October.
This is followed by a five-month programme of once-weekly workshops (generally on Wednesdays) and seminars covering topics such as fundraising, pitch training, business models, team building and leadership, scaling, intellectual property, regulatory aspects, market access (UK and internationally), and various aspects of access to data including ethics.
We will also facilitate introductions and mentoring with a hand-picked network of experts, investors and corporates.
The programme culminates in a Demo Day in March, where the startups pitch their ideas to potential investors and partners, including VCs, angel investors and pharma.
Interested in becoming a KQ Labs mentor?
Run by the Francis Crick Institute and funded by LifeArc, KQ Labs offers a customised framework, providing a five month programme of critical expertise and support to ten carefully selected companies, all solving significant healthcare challenges. The programme runs annually between October and March.
Our aim is to help catalyse the building of an ecosystem in data-driven health. By harnessing the world-class data science and biomedical resources available in the area, we can reinforce the UK's position as a major force in artificial intelligence in health and life sciences and build a world class cluster of successful data-driven health start-ups.