The Crick’s Translation team helps connect scientists with industry colleagues, clinicians, drug discovery experts, technology experts and investors, who can help turn discoveries in the lab into potential new treatments and technologies to benefit patients.
We work with individual research groups to guide projects through different phases of development, providing advice, funding and connections with external partners. We focus on long-term impact, rather than short-term revenue generation.
With strong track records in translation and research, we are fully integrated within the day-to-day scientific life of the Crick, and provide easy access to expertise to accelerate ideas towards patient benefit.
The team also supports the wider UK translational research environment, through participation on funding committees, university and company boards and seed investment funds.
Translation Advisory Board
Our Translation Advisory Board of industry and academic scientists, funders and entrepreneurs, offers expert insight and support translation at the Crick by:
- Advising on funding for translational projects proposed by researchers at the Crick
- Reviewing project plans for technologies ready to be transferred to industry or clinical partners
- Making recommendations for improving delivery of the Crick’s translation strategy, and
- Encouraging the translational research culture at the Crick by bringing ideas, expertise and experience.
- David Roblin, Crick Senior Translation Scientific Fellow
- Véronique Birault, Crick Director of Translation
- Simon Boulton, Crick Principal Group Leader
- Barbara Domayne-Hayman, Crick Entrepreneur in Residence
- Peter Parker, Crick Translation Advisor
- Peter Ratcliffe, Crick Clinical Director
- Donna Hackett, Crick Head of Commercial Translation
- Stephen Mayhew, Crick Chief Business Officer
- Ed McGowan, Crick Head of Translational Science
- Jeanne Bolger, Consultant and Board member
- Gillian Burgess, Executive Vice President, Head of Research, Grünenthal
- Robin Carr, Chief Executive Officer, Myricx Pharma
- Alicia El-Haj, Interdisciplinary Chair of Cell Engineering, Birmingham University
- Manos Perros, President and CEO, Entasis Therapeutics
- John Pritchard, Independent Consultant
- David Powell, Chief Scientific Officer, LifeArc
- Tony Hickson, Chief Business Officer, CRUK
- Lorenz Mayr, CEO Vector Biopharma
- Louise Modis, Chief Scientific Officer, Mogrify
- Natalie Mount, CEO Adaptate Therapeutics
- Mike Romanos, Chief Executive Officer, Microbiotica
- John Shields, Director, JGS Biopharma
- Roberto Solari, CEO Myricx
- Jan Wolber, Head of Technology Leader group, GE Healthcare
- Bryan Williams, Chair of Medicine, UCL