Qualifications and history
- 1998 PhD in Biochemistry, University College, London, UK
- 1998 Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Cancer Research, UK
- 2003 Postdoctoral Fellow, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
- 2004 Established lab at the London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK
- 2015 Group Leader, Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
Erik obtained his PhD with Richard Treisman in London studying RhoGTPases and their effectors. He then carried out post-doctoral work in both London (Chris Marshall) and New York (John Condeelis) before setting up his own group at the Cancer Research UK London Research Institute in 2004 (now part of the Francis Crick Institute).