Qualifications and history
- 2000 PhD Rega Institute for Medical Research, 2000 Postdoctoral fellow, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Belgium
- 2003 Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 2005 Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine,2009 Reader in Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
- 2011 Established lab at the London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK
- 2015 Group Leader, the Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
Peter Cherepanov was born and educated in the USSR (Russian Federation). He obtained his PhD under the supervision of Zeger Debyser and Erik DeClercq at the Rega Institute (University of Leuven, Belgium). After a postdoc in Alan Englelman’s laboratory at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, USA), he moved to Imperial College London, where he started his own group in 2005. Peter moved to Clare Hall Laboratories of the London Research Institute in 2011, which then became part to the Francis Crick Institute.