The Metabolomics STP is home to a wide variety of analytical platforms offering broad coverage of metabolites.
The Metabolomics STP was formed in late 2013 and represents an area of substantial investment in the scientific future of the Francis Crick Institute. Due to the wide variety of molecules involved (in terms of both size and chemical properties), metabolomics is a multiplatform and multidisciplinary science.
With this in mind, the Metabolomics STP is home to a wide variety of analytical platforms dedicated to this purpose. Each of the instruments below has their own specialisation and together they provide a wide metabolite coverage.
Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)
- Thermo Vanquish-Q Exactive Plus (LC-Orbitrap MS)
- Thermo UPLC-Q Exactive (LC-Orbitrap MS)
- Thermo Vanquish-Quantiva (LC-QqQ MS)
- Thermo UPLC-Exactive plus (LC-Orbitrap MS)
Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Agilent 7890A-5975C (GC-MSD)
- Agilent 7890B-5977A (GC-MSD with Chemical ionisation capabilities)
- Agilent 7890B-7000C (GC-QqQ)
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
All NMR instruments are part of the MRC NMR facility.
- Bruker 600 MHz NMR
- Bruker 700 MHz NMR
- Bruker 800 MHz NMR
- Bruker 950 MHz NMR
Supercritical Fluid-Mass Spectrometry (SFC-MS): coming soon!
- Waters SFC-TQSμ (SFC-QqQ MS)