Take control of a neuron, insert yourself into DNA, or discover which musical tracks get our scientists into the zone… join us for a packed evening of pop-up science at Britain’s biggest lab.
We've partnered with Time Out this year and we’ll be exploring what it takes to keep the labs running and the science happening with an enticing line up of talks, hands-on activities, music, drink and more.
- Enter a world of darkness in an unique immersive experience and discover the most visually striking images at the Crick.
- Become a genetic parasite and insert yourself into DNA. Leave behind a life-changing memory and explore the evolution of human DNA.
- Discover what it takes to kit yourself out for science at the Crick. Don a lab coat and pose for a selfie in our virtual lab.
- Enter the brain of a virtual mouse and pit your wits against your opponent in this fast-paced game, recreating electrical signals in neurons as they fire.
- Construct a giant protein sculpture with scientists and artists and discover the complexity of drug design.
The bar will be open throughout the evening serving drinks and light snacks.
The event is free but booking is essential. Go to TimeOut's website for booking details.
Note: the event is suitable for adults.
Last year's Crick Late
Watch a film showing a snapshot of the previous Crick Late.