A free event targeted at undergraduate, medical and master's students from BAME backgrounds to find out more about pursuing a PhD and a career in science.
Join us to hear about the lived experiences of BAME PhD students and staff studying and working in STEM and learn about the range of careers available to PhD graduates. Our panellists will also discuss the challenges that BAME students face in applying for and carrying out a PhD. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions.
Speakers and panellists
- Lola Solebo, NIHR Clinician Scientist / Honorary Consultant (UCL)
- Curtis Asante, Associate Director of Members’ Programmes (Microbiology Society)
- Michael Blackman, Senior Group Leader (Francis Crick Institute)
- Faith Uwadiae, Postdoctoral Training Fellow (Francis Crick Institute)
- Laabiah Wasim, PhD student (Francis Crick Institute)
- Fatima Sulaiman, Head of Research (Blood Cancer UK)
- Panel chair: Maria Ocampo-Hafalla, Lab Manager for Education & Science Educator (Francis Crick Institute)